Our Real-Time Geomechanics/Geopressure services use RT data, such as WITSML (Wellsite information transfer standard markup language) and cuttings/cavings to offer:
- Real-time pore pressure fracture gradient (PPFG) surveillance and advisory (PPFG only)
- Real-time Wellbore Stability (WBS) update and advisory (PPFG+WBS)
This is done to proactively identify potential deviation from pre-drill models and therefore minimize unexpected surprises during the drilling phase. Minimizing surprises is crucial since repeated severe lost circulation and stuck pipe events or lost BHA events on a single well can be the end of an entire drilling project. Our RT service is typically offered in conjunction with our on-site extended reach drilling (ERD) engineering service, which is provided by our highly trained ERD Specialists. However, this service can be offered for both onsite and remotely.
Our Real-time Specialists utilize real-time enabled JewelSuite™ Geomechanics by Baker Hughes to build PPFG models and WBS analysis along a well path. This module seamlessly streams real-time LWD/MWD data in order to create update models against the pre-drill models to avoid costly surprises.
Real-time Geomechanics Applications
- Exploration wells
- Appraisal wells
- Development wells in complex geology
- Extended reach wells
- Horizontal well
- Proactively prevent unexpected drilling surprises in RT during the drilling phase
- Minimize costly non-productive time (NPT)
- Successfully reach drilling target with minimal issues
- Minimize risk to personnel and the environment