DEEPWATERPro® Pore Pressure Prediction Software
HXR’s DEEPWATERPro® Pore Pressure Prediction software is developed to use the unique method of integrating multiple seismic/sonic velocity stacks to predict pore pressure along the 3-D wellpath and also take into account the effect of centroid, buoyancy and formation temperature. This makes it especially applicable to offshore development projects where ERD or highly deviated wells are planned. In addition to its pre-planning capability, DEEPWATERPro® Pore Pressure Prediction software is designed for near-real-time density, sonic, and resistivity inputs.
Key functionality highlights of DEEPWATERPro®:
- RHOB, Sonic (DT slowness), Seismic, Resistivity, Dexp, MSE/DSE Inputs.
- Multiple 1-D velocity stacks along actual wellpath to account for changes as the well is drilled out (ERD development wells).
- Automatically pick out “clean” shales.
- Calculate overburden stress
- Utilize various basin models (Eaton, Modified Eaton, etc) for pore pressure prediction
- Utilize various Fracture gradient models (Eaton, Matthew and Kelly, etc).
- Log viewer to allow for all of the data to be viewed/QC’d.
Future addition will include:
- Implement models to account for temperature effect.
- Enable full Real-Time calculation
- Expand user defined models
- Capability to add d-exponent overlays and MSE calculations for simple visualization of transition-zone pressure changes
- “Lookahead” capability – to allow for user, using the current pressure change, to project “X” ahead of current position to model what pressure may be.
- Enhanced Daily Reporting function
- Enhanced X-plotting capabilities