DEEPWATERPro® Pore Pressure Prediction Software
HXR’s DEEPWATERPro® Pore Pressure Prediction software uses the unique method of integrating multiple seismic/sonic velocity stacks to predict pore pressure along the 3-D wellpath, and takes into account the effect of formation temperature, making it especially useful for offshore development projects where ERD or highly deviated wells are planned, and for HPHT shelf projects where resistivity is the most accurate measurement used for pore pressure evaluation. DEEPWATERPro Pore Pressure Prediction software features a modeling library of both commonly accepted as well as proprietary and user-defined algorithms, and a LOT/FIT/MDT database for every block in the GOM. In addition to its pre-planning capability, DEEPWATERPro Pore Pressure Prediction software is designed for near-real-time density, sonic, and resistivity inputs, with the capability to add d-exponent overlays and MSE calculations for simple visualization of transition-zone pressure changes.
Key functionality highlights of DEEPWATERPro:
- Uses RHOB, Sonic (DT slowness), Seismic, Resistivity, Dexp, MSE/DSE Inputs.
- 2-D / 3-D Seismic/Sonic Stacks – uses multiple 1-D velocity stacks along actual wellpath to account for changes as the well is drilled out (ERD development wells).
- Utilizes various basin models (Eaton, Modified Eaton, etc). New models / user-defined models can be added, and they can all be modified.
- Log viewer that allows for all of the data to be viewed/QC’d.
- “Lookahead” capability – allows for the user, using the current pressure change, to project “X” ahead of current position to model what pressure may be; gives rig team an idea of what they may potentially be facing if drilling continues.
- It can automatically, from cation exchange (an X-plot of res/sonic), pick out “clean” shales.
- Salts, wet sands, and other special models can be interpreted (sands may show regression due to hydrostatic effect, etc.).
- Simple LAS reader.
- Takes into account formation uplift and varying water depth for offsets.
- Common datum automatically calculated.
Future additions will include:
- A SEG-Y file reader
- Enhanced Daily Reporting function
- Enhanced presentation capability
- Add additional fracture gradient (FG) models to software – increase/update library
- Enhanced X-plotting capabilities